Monday, November 30, 2009

The best BLT

Hello everyone,


I'd like to share with you one of my favourite ever comfort foods - the BLT with a twist. I have proven on many occasions that you can eat this at any time of day, and it never fails to hit the spot.


You need:




A bagel, two rashers of bacon, half a tomato (sliced), two slices of processed cheese, and a handful of rocket. Or if you're really hungry, double it up.




Grill the bacon rashers, and after a couple of minutes, add your tomato slices to the grill. I have a George Forman grill and I adore it. I love the way the fat ooozes out and away from the food.

At the same time, toast the bagels (sliced in half). When they come out of the toaster, immediately place a slice of cheese on each half.




Then add a handful of rocket to two of them, and the grilled tomato slices on the other.






Top with the bacon slices and piece together your halves so each contains bacon, rocket and tomato.



Slap it all together.
Yummmmm. I forgot to take a picture of the finished article, but rest assured it tasted fabulous!
Oh, and if you're feeling really decadent you can add some avocado. Even better!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum...I'm saving this one!

Brooke said...

mmmmmmmm!!!! What is rocket??

Paige said...

Mmmm, that looks tasty!

Brooke - Rocket is kinda like spicy lettuce; we call it Arugula in the states. It is very tasty stuff!

Helen said...

Ohh I adore rocket. It is a peppery salad leaf with a whole heap more punch than ordinary lettuce.
I put it on everything - pasta, pizza, all sorts.

I wonder why it has a different name over t/here?

Brooke said...

THanks! I like the name Rocket much better :)